Solicitors Based In Chester Offering Legal Services throughout England and Wales
Solicitors Based In Chester Offering Legal Services throughout England and Wales

Domestic Violence Legal Support Chester

Schedule a FREE Initial Meeting

We understand that the issue of domestic violence is a sensitive and emotional subject, particularly for those who have suffered at the hands of it. Domestic violence often leads to serious problems, both physically and emotionally. Therefore, it is important you seek help from a legal professional as soon as possible.

If you are suffering or have suffered from abuse or domestic violence, PDA Law is here to help. We understand the importance of resolving a domestic abuse case as quickly as possible, which is why we work hard to ensure each case is settled in an efficient and empathetic manner.

Our team of family lawyers specialises in dealing with sensitive issues such as abuse and domestic violence, and our priority is to protect you and your family from further harm. Help is just a call away, so speak to us today by calling 01244 757309 or fill out our online contact form.

Making the First Step

People who suffer from domestic violence often live in fear of their own and their family’s safety. However, by contacting PDA Law you can take the first step to ending the violence against you. You can talk to a solicitor you trust, who will talk to you in confidence about your case and discuss your legal options.

Taking Legal Action For Domestic Violence

Our family law solicitors will help you make an informed decision on what course of legal action is best for your situation. This will usually take the form of a court order – also know as an injunction.

There are two court orders that are typically used in domestic abuse cases. These are:

  • Non-Molestation Order – this order prevents your partner from abusing or threatening you and your family. Abusive behaviour that is stopped by a non-molestation order includes harassment, sexual and emotional abuse and controlling behaviour.
  • Occupation Order – an occupation order outlines who can and cannot live in your family home. If you are in an abusive relationship and wish for your partner to be evicted from the family home, an occupation order will prevent them from legally returning.

What will happen to my children?

If your partner does not adhere to the terms of the court order, you can take them to civil court to take further action.

You are eligible to take out an order if you are an ‘associated person’. This means you and the abuser must be associated with each other in some way. An associated person can include:

  • A spouse or ex spouse
  • A civil partner or ex partner
  • Cohabitants and ex cohabitants (including same sex couples)
  • Relatives
  • The parent of your child
  • A partner of significant duration

Contact Us Today

Our solicitors are highly experienced in dealing with domestic abuse cases. During this time, we will take care of your case with sensitivity and care. Take a step in the right direction and contact us today for a FREE no obligation consultation. Simply call us on 01244 757309, or fill out our online contact form.


Our Team of Lawyers in Chester

Paul D’Ambrogio

Paul D’Ambrogio

Director and Commercial Property & Conveyancing Specialist
Jana Dubcova

Jana Dubcova

PI Litigation

For legal services you can trust, please call us or visit us in our Chester office


What Our Customers Say About Us

Quick & Responsive

Honestly I would recommend PDA for any agency/landlord deposit dispute. Jane was such a dream to work with and she got me a good compensation. She was quick and responsive throughout the whole process as well as transparent. She kept me in the loop with all correspondence with the agency/landlord. She also knows her stuff. Would recommend PDA law.

Odette Akoache

They provided us with realistic timescales

It was our first time we dealt with PDA law for our conveyancing. We were recommended to them by the Property agency. We are glad we had a good experience with PDA law, especially during lockdowns and Christmas period. They made sure, they had all the paper-work in place with all searches done in time. They provided us with realistic timescales, so that there is no disappointment towards the end. Looking forward to deal with them in the near future.

Jameson Banji