Conveyancing Solicitors in Chester
Conveyancing solicitors take care of the legal process of transferring the legal ownership of property from the seller to the buyer.
Our conveyancing specialists are dedicated to processing your transaction as quickly and as smoothly as possible, from your initial instruction through to completion.
Buying and selling property can very often be a complex and stressful process, which is why our expert experienced team of conveyancing solicitors are here to support you.
We work hard to ensure the transfer of your sale or purchase is managed to the highest standard, minimising any stress experienced.
What do Conveyancing Solicitors do?
Conveyancing solicitors will use their experience and specialist legal knowledge to manage the transaction on your behalf, offering advice and guidance along the way and make sure your interests are protected.
As a buyer, you need to make sure you know everything there is to know about a property before you buy it. Are there plans for a high speed railway in your new back garden? Is the seller actually the legal owner? Is their any contaminated land or gas hazards on or around the property? A conveyancing solicitor will carry out all the necessary legal searches to make sure you are aware of all the factors before you are committed to the purchase.
There is lot of work in involved in transferring the legal ownership from one person to another including extensive contract work, legal searches, surveys, valuations, mortgage applications and settlements, transfer of funds, payments of taxes and land registry paperwork.
Briefly, if you are selling a property, a conveyancer will:
• Get a copy of the title deeds or title registration and find out the amount of any outstanding mortgage
• Prepare a draft contract
• Address any enquiries from the buyer’s conveyancing solicitor
• Agree to a completion date and settlement figure
• Arrange completion including the transfer of funds, transfer of keys and transfer of title deeds
If you are buying a property, conveyancing services include:
• Arranging a survey
• Requesting the contract pack from the seller’s conveyancing solicitor
• Raising any queries with the seller’s solicitor
• Arranging for the deposit to be paid
• Determining a completion date
• Preparing a draft transfer deed
• Preparing a completion statement and carries out pre-completion searches
• Co-ordinating completion including the payment of funds, obtaining the keys, payment of stamp duty and obtaining the title deeds
• Registering a property at The Land Registry
Experienced Conveyancing Solicitors in Chester
Using our extensive experience of transferring property throughout the Chester area, we ensure your interests are protected at all times, whether you are a first-time buyer or a property investor. We can give advice on all matters of conveyancing, including transfers of equity and the government’s Help to Buy scheme.
What are the costs?
The cost of a conveyancing solicitor’s services will depend on whether the property is freehold or leasehold. Leasehold properties cost more because they involve additional work to check the lease.
The cost of land registry fees and local authority search fees are usually paid for in advance, with the balance for other fees being due at completion.
Our Residential Property Services
We offer specialist services in the following areas of residential property law:
- Buying a Property
- New Build Conveyancing
- Selling a Property
- Shared ownerships
- Transfer of ownerships
- Help To Buy schemes
Why PDA Law?
Headed by renowned solicitor Sean Watts, our residential property team has achieved outstanding results for many clients. We take the time to understand your challenges and are dedicated to helping solve them in a timely and efficient manner.
Contact our Conveyancing Solicitors today
Our Residential Property Experts